Guilin Maping Mosque was first built in the 10th year(1671) of Kangxi’s reign, Qing Dynasty(1644-1911). It occupies an area of more than 2000 square meters.
Combinated with Chinese and Arabian design, the Mosque is a quadrangle courtyard with simplicity and elegance. The major buildings include the main hall, teaching room, Bunker building, Tabu house, and imam room. Located near famous Lijiang River and green hills, the sight of the mosque is really appealing.
When Guilin was invaded by Janpanese in November 1944, the whole mosque was burned by Japanese army. Fortunately, the mosque was renovated for joint efforts later on. Now there are about 2000 Muslims in the community of Maping Mosque, all of whom are Hui nationality.
Guilin Maping Mosque is a palace hall which precipitates Islamic history, education, art, and folk custom. It has witnessed a rise and fall of Muslim culture and history in Guilin.