Guilin Xixiang Mosque is also called the Northeast Mosque, which was built in the 13th year (1907) of Guangxu, Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). It covers an area of about 333 square meters.
The Mosque was once the personal property of a businessman -Ma Rongxi，on Shuidongmen Street in Guilin. However, all the former buildings of the mosque were burned by Japanese army when Guilin was occupied. In 1947, Muslims in Guilin donated money and Xixiang Mosque was finally rebuilt on its original site.
The new Xixiang Mosque contains two yards. Entering the main gate, on both sides are dormitories. Passing the atrium, a two-floor building can be seen. The prayer hall is set on the second floor and the lecture hall is on the ground floor. What facing the prayer hall is an octagonal acute arch. Glass windows are set on both side of the main hall, and the ground is brushed with vermeil paint, clean and spacious, making it an ideal place to do prayer.
At present, there are about 1500 Muslims living in the community of Xixiang Mosque, of whom are Hui nationality.