The Pudong mosque was originally built in 1935 and was rebuilt upon the Pushou mosque. This project was led by an imam known as Hong Changjin, a Muslim who livinh near Dongchang Road of Pudong who had rented a room as a temporary prayer room. Construction of the mosque began in 1939 and was completely finished in 1947. In 1984 the Shanghai Ethnic Affairs Commission received the appropriate funds to reconstruct the mosque. The mosque covers an area of 1,650 square meters and the minaret is 36 meters tall.
|Contact Information||Address:||No. 375, Yuanshen Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai||Location:|